How Kids Learn
How to Start One
Planning for an Year
Teacher's and Children's Handbook
Hindu Heritage Camp has been a very successful event across all the Balagokulams.
It can be day camp or residential. Duration can vary from 1 to 7 days.|
There can be a variety of activities to bring out the creative power within the children and Shikshaks and also to make them good team players. Here are some ideas that have been found successful. Please experiment and come out with new activities and share with us so that other Balagokulams can benefit from your experiments.
- Clay Modeling - Especially for Ganesh pooja, children can make murti of Ganesh themselves.
- Rangoli - Demonstration and some hands on training.
- Projects on modeling temples with cardboard, foam, sticks, etc.
- Teerth Yatra or Pilgrimage (Visit to temples in your town).
- Sahal (Picnic) with all the families to build family level bonding.
- Seva: Visit to convalescent hospitals, children's wards in hospitals, soup kitchens, etc.
- A presentation by social workers group or teenage counselors about challenges facing American society today.
- Sports Day
- Competitions in chanting shlokas, singing songs, speaking, etc.
- Art of Skit writing and acting
- Hindu Jeopardy/Quiz
- Dialogue between parents and children (For teenagers)
- Celebrating Hindu festivals in schools.
- Teaching how to read and write Devnagari script
- Preparing posters on different topics: Can be group projects