How Kids Learn
How to Start One
Planning for an Year
Teacher's and Children's Handbook
|If you have the desire and the inclination to conduct one such Balagokulam in your town, there is a strong team of dedicated and experienced people in HSS, who are always there to provide training, material and any support necessary.
Steps to start a Balagokulam
The Hindu population in each town is different. Hence, you will have to figure out the best way for your town. Here are some of the standard things that have worked.
- For few days, keep discussing this idea of Balagokulam with your friends and find out who is more interested and committed.
- Make a flier for Balagokulam. A sample flier is attached here. Soft copy is available and you can make changes to it. Keep these fliers in Indian grocery stores, Hindu mandirs, or any other place where Hindus meet. Make use of special events like Diwali, Janmashtami, etc. to reach out to more people at one time.
- When people call for details, take down their phone numbers, email, etc. and also check out if they are interested in volunteering.
- Once you have a team of 2 or more people, you are ready to start.
- Contact one of our coordinators and schedule a training session for volunteers and meeting with the parents.
- Find a place to start and get going
Duration, Frequency and Time
Majorities of Balagokulams are held on Saturday or Sunday. However, depending on the convenience of children and parents, they can be conducted at any time and any day of the week.
- Balagokulam duration can be from 75 minutes to 90 minutes.
- To have the expected impact, it should be held at least once in a week.
Click here for "Time table for 90 minutes"
Go to top
|Support System for Balagokulam Shikshaks:|
- People, who have been successfully conducting Balagokulams for many years, will be available to conduct training sessions for volunteers or to provide any other assistance required.
- Annual training camp for children and youth volunteers.
- Pravasi Karyakartas will be visiting various places and their trip can be made use of for improving the caliber of Shikshaks.
- Join bala_shikshaks at egroups.com. The purpose of this list is to exchange ideas, experiments, experiences and material related to conducting Balagokulams.
Go to top